The Pros and Cons of Getting a Website Spokesperson
Looking for a new way to bring life to your website and generate more interest from those who visit it?
These days, the trend for many is to add videos--but not just any video. We're talking about having an actual virtual spokesperson who will directly convey your message to potential clients. There are many perks to having this addition to your website, but all the same, it is just as important to consider the downsides to it as well. This is especially so if you're a newer business and this is your first attempt at using this particular marketing method.
To help you better understand this, we've enumerated some of the things you need to know below.
- Video is a very engaging medium when it comes to marketing. It gives your website a face and, therefore, makes it more relatable as well. Online, gaining your client's trust is key to a successful business.
- Video is the simpler option when it comes to obtaining information; and people are more likely to pay attention to a virtual actor speaking to them instead of reading an entire page of text. The best bit? You can even provide easy to follow instructions and actually demonstrate them instead of simply writing the process out. Visuals are always helpful.
- Video is far more comprehensive than text. Every second of your video is capable of delivering significant amounts of information to whoever is viewing it. In fact, people are better at retaining information that's been told to them instead of something that they've read off of a page. Whilst a lot of this is also dependent on the script you have written, there is no denying that listening to a web spokesperson is more effective when it comes to getting the message across.
- You can get really creative with an online video. Remember that there are no rules to how you should present this if you want to have a story which your website spokes-model would narrate then go for it! If it fits the brand you want to establish, then give it a try. These are things that you cannot do with plain website articles.
- The main issue that most people have with using an online spokesperson would be the production cost. Yes, it isn't the most affordable option and most new businesses might not be able to afford it. There is a lot that goes into producing a video so do know you'll be investing a certain amount of money into it.
- It eats up bandwidth. Again, bandwidth is something business owners pay for so they would want to be as efficient with it as possible.
- Not everyone would have the time to sit through a presentation. In which case, you'll still need to put up text information on your website. Anything that can be absorbed without taking up so much of their time.
These are just a few of the PROS and CONS when it comes to using a walk on actor for your website. Weigh everything and think about your own needs before deciding whether it's worth your money or not.
You are in good company
We discover WHAT you do, HOW you do it, and WHY you do it that way.
We understand language, inspiration and impact. We have produced thousands of Videos for some of the biggest companies in the world.
You can learn more
Call 801-748-2281 to learn why Fortune 100's, startups, small and mid-size businesses trust Talking Heads with their video needs